Removing all traces of IE

Winxx 20:10 26 Dec 06

Hi, been having a few probs with IE so i decided to uninstall it all and re-install so i did, i uninstalled via add/remove components, i then downloaded IE6 installer, ran it, and i got a message that it has detected a higher version of IE on the system, i don't see how as i just removed it??

Could someone explain what i need to do to remove all traces of IE, in program files theres a folder called Internet Explorer that i am unable to delete as it is in use??

can anyone help me out on this... or give me a link to install IE, i may have a bad installer im not sure.

SANTOS7 20:32 26 Dec 06

click here
this will help,good luck..

GEEKSTA 21:10 26 Dec 06

if you see another "uninstall IE" in your add or remove programs that might be the problem.
Try getting rid of that and see what happens.

VoG II 21:13 26 Dec 06

Which version of Windows?

Winxx 21:31 26 Dec 06

Ive tried it all, i dont want to do the registry editing thing because i havent seen a good tutorial on it. im running Windows XP SP2.

I just want to re-install IE!!

SANTOS7 21:45 26 Dec 06

click here
I am asuming now it is IE7 you have had probs with try the link then you maybe able to reinstall or repair IE6...

lotvic 01:07 27 Dec 06

If you have the CD for the Update SP 2 put it in and run it. It will install/reinstall anything missing including IE6

GRFT 07:55 27 Dec 06

Mark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced