removing all internet settings ?

Magik ®© 10:37 07 Aug 05

hi, if i go to add/remove and tick the modems to remove them, will that take all the settings out for me, I want to get another wireless adsl router, so i want to put the PC back as it was when i put the first one in, at the moment i have listed, a voyager2000, a voyager100, and a alactel speedtouch, and they all seem to be fighting with each other...one could say "try it" but if i make a pigs ear of it, it might never connect to the net again :-(

thanks

mattyc_92 10:40 07 Aug 05

You will have to remove the drivers from the "Add or Remove Programs" list. Then reboot.

Taff36 10:44 07 Aug 05

Why don`t you go into properties of each one and at the bottom of the general (Troubleshoot) tab use the drop down box to disable them. They won`t be fighting then will they! Delete them when you`re set up on Wi-Fi. Which wireless router did you decide on by the way?

ashdav 11:03 07 Aug 05

I've just done this myself (2 days ago). If you go to network connections you can right click on each one and disable them. This will not remove them yet. Then install your new router and use that. To completely remove the old connections you need to remove the drivers using add/remove programs. Then use Ccleaner to get rid of any old registry items left behind. Even after that I found there were reg. entries left in the start up folder for the voyager 100 modem I used. Use Ccleaner/tools/startup to show them. Delete GSICON.exe and DSLAGENT.exe.If there are any other entries you're not sure of use this click here
to identify them.

Magik ®© 11:05 07 Aug 05

thank you all for the advice, I shall be bold and give it a try, thanks again

Magik ®© 11:07 07 Aug 05

going for the BT voyager 2100...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009