Removing 1 web address location

VNAM75 21:43 27 Jun 08

For example, when I type in "eb" into the Firefox address bar I get ebay.com and ebay.co.uk listed. Is it possible to just remove the ebay.com address from the drop down list? There's a few others I want to remove too. I understand if you remove cookies in the history folder it wipes out everything which is not what I want.

Kev.Ifty 22:00 27 Jun 08

Try clicking on the search box thing and when the list of previously searched for stuff appears as a list, goto the one item you want DON'T CLICK IT!! lol, just highlight it and hit the 'Delete' button!

Let me know if it works in Firefox cos it does in IE...

Cheers Kev

VNAM75 22:13 27 Jun 08

Thanks Kev, its not the search box but the address bar that I need to delete in.

Kev.Ifty 22:50 27 Jun 08

Hows about in Firefox TOOLS, Options. Privacy tab 'Clear now' button and choose your options from there... Any good?

VNAM75 22:59 27 Jun 08

No Kev, that would clear the lot

Kev.Ifty 23:31 27 Jun 08

Bear with me...

When you type in 'eb' as you said previously.

Press the delete key on your key board when you scroll down to that particular item.

Then refresh. That searched for item should then be gone.

I hope. lol

VNAM75 23:42 27 Jun 08

Kev, thanks for your persisent help but it doesn't work. What you describe only works in search boxes not the address bar. I'm not too bothered about it now.

Kev.Ifty 23:54 27 Jun 08

Sorry I could not help. Let me know if you solve the problem.

Cos I am interested to know.

Cheers

lotvic 00:10 28 Jun 08

In firefox you have to highlight the url you want to get rid of in the Address bar drop down list and then you press the Ctrl and Delete keys together (Ctrl+Delete)
and then it's gone from the list.

VNAM75 00:54 28 Jun 08

Thanks lotvic that works. Do you know how to do it in Opera?

lotvic 00:59 28 Jun 08

no, sorry :( I've never used Opera

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…