Removed Programs in Add or Remove

johndrew 14:18 08 May 07

I`m certain this question has been asked and answered before but I have been unable to locate the answer in the archives.

I have a number of programs which have been removed using the Add or Remove facility but which still appear in the Add/Remove list. They do not appear in Windows Install Cleanup. There are no files for them in `Program Files` or details when I search.

I can click on them in Add/Remove and they go but as soon as I close and reopen the window they return.

Is there any simple way of removing these phantom programs from the list?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Shortstop 15:03 08 May 07

Not tried it myslef, but friends recommend this:

click here

HTH

Paul

Technotiger 15:05 08 May 07

Hi, open CCleaner click here and go to Tools, you will then see a list of your programs, and on the right a button to click on to remove Program entries.

provider 2 15:10 08 May 07

A good registry cleaner should remove these and other useless references: click here

johndrew 15:14 08 May 07

Thanks for responding people.

As I had Ccleaner installed I used that (after it told me to download the latest version) and it worked like a dream. The entries do no good, only clutter things up, so getting rid of them must be the right thing to do.

Thanks again for your help.

johndrew 15:17 08 May 07

Didn`t see your post until after I had responded. Thanks for your help, I shall look at the utility but don`t know if I really need it.

provider 2 15:22 08 May 07

johndrew
It`s more of a long-term thing rather than something to be done every day. You might be surprised to see how much junk can pile up in a week or two, slowing your PC down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…