Remove XP log in

hastelloy 13:49 28 May 07
Answered

As I'm the only user of this PC, how can I lose go straight into XP without the need for a log-in page. I'm sure I used to do it but can't remember how?

SANTOS7 13:51 28 May 07

click here

good luck...

hastelloy 15:54 28 May 07

unfortunately this created a load of problems. It created a new user in my name (I always log in as administrator) and lost all settings for all users. Also Firefox won't now save my homepage or show my windows and tabs from last time - it always opens as a blank page now. I have tried system restore but it won't go back to any of my last 4 restore points.

SANTOS7 16:11 28 May 07

If you follow the instructions in the link you should not create another account and i cannot see what you have done wrong, unless you have a guest account which was active and you have create a sterile log-in in that, all i can suggest is to delete this account you have created and try again

hastelloy 16:37 28 May 07

As the new account is an administrator account, I can't see how to delete it. The changes affected the administrator account which I normally use, as well as the new one.

hastelloy 19:58 28 May 07

I don't understand what happened. All my passwords had gone, my messenger log-ins and Adobe Premier Elements had lost its links with my projects. I have used Acronis to do a recovery and everything is back to normal now. I'll perhaps try again tomorrow and see what happens. I'll post the result and then tick as resolved. Thanks again.

SANTOS7 20:09 28 May 07

Glad its OK feel a bit guilty, been looking for a resolve most of the afternoon, it seems such a simple process, it has been posted before.
The eldergeek website i trust too as i have used it before, sorry for any inconvenience,good luck..

hastelloy 20:13 28 May 07

Please don't feel guilty you're offering free advice in good faith and your time and trouble is appreciated. Unfortunately in the land of the PC the 3rd law of thermodynamics is very evident - if anything can go wrong, it will. Usually more so if I'm involved.

SANTOS7 20:24 28 May 07

click here

Thankyou, think i'll try that looks easier than setting up your PC LOL...

VoG II 20:45 28 May 07
Answer

The Third Law of Thermodynamics simply states that you cannot get to absolute zero (temperature).

The first states that in terms of energy you can never win, only break even.

And the second states that you can only break even at absolute zero!

Sorry, I digressed. Try the second method click here

hastelloy 06:48 29 May 07

Thanks VoG. In my College days we were taught the TWO laws of Thermodynamics (which I have long since forgotten) so we invented a third - if anything can go wrong it will. Things have obviously changed in the last 40 years - or my memory is faulty (not too far beyond the bounds of possibility).
Thanks again to both Santos7 and VoG for your time and trouble - keep up the good work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…