remove xp

Foz1961 15:45 27 Dec 04

Help,

my sister has had a problem with xp for ages and would like to go back to windows me. How do i get rid of xp?

treat me gently, I can get around a pc but wouldn't consider myself an expert!

Jackcoms 15:56 27 Dec 04

"my sister has had a problem with xp for ages"

What problem exactly?

Foz1961 16:21 27 Dec 04

the main one, it crashes whenever it feels like it!! ive tried updating drivers for just about everything but it jus keeps doing it.

Taw® 17:54 27 Dec 04

Best to try and identify the problem first just in case it is not xp. Next time it crashes post the error message and someone may be able to point you in the right direction.

Dorsai 18:42 27 Dec 04

I have to agree with the above. The problem may be a faulty part of the PC, not the programs/OS on it. Best off finding out *why* it is crashing. From my own experiance XP if far more reliable that ME.

woodchip 19:31 27 Dec 04

You need to download a Win98se OEM disc click here put a clean disc in comp and double click the download it will create a 98 boot disc. Start Computer with the disc in. Bios should be set to boot with floppy disc as first boot device, then type FDISK choose the use all Drive as it sets to Fat32, now remove all Partitions, starting with extended. You then have to create a ne Partition and make Active. after that shut the computer "OFF" not reboot. restart with floppy disc anf at A:\> type FORMAT C: you can then reinstall ME with the Floppy disc

Graham ® 19:56 27 Dec 04

Go Start, Control Panel, Admin Tools, Event Viewer. Click System, highlight an Error, click Action, Properties.

Report back!

Foz1961 11:13 28 Dec 04

resolved it, used klldisk and then ompletely reinstalled me. seems ok at the mo!

thanks for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…