Remove Wanadoo from Outlook Express

sellewe 23:06 20 Nov 04

Some time ago I tried Wanadoo as my Internet Provider but later uninstalled but it has left a search bar at the bottom of OE. Is there any way to remove this? It is not a major problem but I do not like the fact that it did not uninstall.

harps1h 23:59 20 Nov 04

run a search with Wannadoo as the file name then delete whatever shows. manually is probably hte only way

bretsky 00:52 21 Nov 04

Open OE and click on view in the toolbar>Layout>uncheck the info pane>apply>ok and it should disappear.

bretsky ;0)

Giggle n' Bits 01:13 21 Nov 04

drop down this and select Layout. Then untick the Info Pane.

whybe 01:39 21 Nov 04

A friend of mine had exactly the same problem until yesterday when I edited a Registry entry, so if you wish to follow this take care.Close Outlook Express. Click Start, Run. Type in 'regedit' (without quotes) and then press Enter.
You will then get the Registry screen. Press F3 and a search box will appear. Type in Wanadoo and press enter. It will then tell you it is searching and can take some while. A new page should appear on which an entry saying Wanadoo (highlighted) and a short narrative which describes the search window in OE. With Wanadoo highlighted press delete, then confirm and then close the Registry page. Open OE and the Wanadoo pane should have gone. You may wish to set a system restore point and Registry backup before undertaking this. Hope it goes well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced