Remove Vista Service Pack 2

tonyjon 10:43 17 Feb 09

Is it possible to remove Vista SP2?

kjrider 10:54 17 Feb 09

Go to controll panel - programs and features - installed updates and select what you want to remove.

Not sure why you want to do it.

KJR

tonyjon 11:49 17 Feb 09

I attempted to upgrade to Ultimate from Home Premium and received the message that it was not an upgrade to the present installed system. ?????

gazzaho 17:02 17 Feb 09

As far as I'm aware Vista SP2 is a beta, it's not due for public release until April I think. Perhaps that's why the message was generated, how was it installed to your system?

gazzaho 17:10 17 Feb 09

Try this found it on another forum, Go to control Panel - add remove programmes,
On the top left there is the option to view installed updates look for Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB948465) and uninstall. Reboot machine and you are done.

tonyjon 18:19 17 Feb 09

Uninstalles as above - System now says Vista Home Premium Service Pack - Genuine MICROSOFT Anytime Upgrade DVDE - Still says Ultimate is not a higher version.

gazzaho 19:06 17 Feb 09

I found this through google it's the first port of call for all problems, it might explain the message click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…