Remove UPDATER.exe from WXP registry - HELP Pls!

wifipop 15:12 05 Sep 04

Hi WXP Experts,

I wonder if you can help me to get rid of this message which poped up everytime I logged on to WXP Home Edition.

The McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.1.0 on my computer has removed this file from its original location to a quarantine folder.

Is it possible to stop WXP looking for this file by deleting it from the regitry? Is it safe to do this? What is the sfaest way to change an
entry in the registry.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

johnnyrocker 15:22 05 Sep 04

couple of options 1 restore it from quarantine 2 system restore to before the prob occurred

johnny.

stalion 16:04 05 Sep 04

try a scan with this
click here

wifipop 09:12 06 Sep 04

Hi stalion, I tried to solve the problem last night with Link 1 on the mwti website, it seemed to take a long time to complete, and in fact I wasn't sure it has completed. Anyway when I started the computer this morning,I could not even pass through the WXP Welcome screen. Everytime I clicked on my user account on the Welcome screen it said "loading your personal settings", followed by "saving your settings", and that was it. Nothing has happened. I could no longer go pass the Welcome screen. It was the same when I tried to log on in safe mode. I now have a really serious problem and I do not know how to solve it except to unstall WXP. Can you help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac