remove subtitles from film

oldhippy 10:15 27 Feb 03

trying to remove subtitles from film, is svcd format

how do I remove the subtitles from a film, they are badly done and I would like them removing so I can redo them, or edit them so they look better

what format does the film need to be in, ie mpeg, avi etc so that I can remove edit them

software needed to do this

any advice would be appreciated

MAJ 10:51 27 Feb 03

Is this a film you created and entered the subtitles into yourself, or is it just a film you downloaded, oldhippy. If it's the former, and I'm no expert on film by any stretch of the imagination, then I would guess you could do it in the software you used to create it in the first place.
If the latter, then I don't think you can, you would need the "project" file. But as I say, I'm no expert on the matter.

MichelleC 14:00 27 Feb 03

You'll need to 'rip' to editing software, Pinnacle, Ulead, Magix or Sonic Foundry all have title facilities, edit and burn to vcd. I'm not sure if the subtitles will be on same 'track' as video scenes - if they're not and seen as overlays on scenes you can't do it, but I could be wrong.

oldhippy 19:03 27 Feb 03

thanks for the help, will try as advised

oldhippy 19:04 27 Feb 03

whoops, didn't think reply had gone in.......hehe

thanks anyway friends

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…