remove spyware/ adware; ;stop it"s tracks

df118 09:46 08 Mar 04

running windows 98 2nd ed;do NOT want a firewall;what will scan and remove any spyware/bug already on here safetly," for free" or minimal fee; then what porgramme will stop adware/spyware from getting on to the system; want something like Guard IE which works beautifully for stopping pop ups.need to be able to remove the programme if necessary without removing vital shared files as from " previous experience"!!! something " easy to use" for a novice.....
I do NOT want to have to go searching my computer with the risk of deleting vitally needed files.......

Mat2 09:52 08 Mar 04

Hi df118

Try the following to remove spyware and adware.

Adware : click here
Spybot S&D : click here

I hope this will help you.

Mat2

Jester2K 09:53 08 Mar 04

2 Free scanners -

Adaware- click here

Spybot - click here

The next one stops it getting on your PC in the first place.

SpywareBlaster - click here

df118 10:27 08 Mar 04

if the above suggestions do not work, are they ssafe to uninstall without removing vital files on the way as " been there done that"...expensive repair bill etc.....
of intrest, does anyone know of an internet site like Trend micro where you can " visit" to have the computer scanned for viruses and removed;I found THAT useful before I had proper virus cover; is there soemthing like that for THIS topic????

Jester2K 10:28 08 Mar 04

Been using them for 2 years or so - no problems.

mikef. 12:36 08 Mar 04

This is exactly the advice you have been given on your previous threads with the same question, repeating the question in another thread is not likely to give you any different advice. click here click here

Lionheart ? 12:41 08 Mar 04

I to have been using the above scanners for the last few years,plus click here found them all to be excellent.

df118 15:45 08 Mar 04

have looked at spyware blaster info; cannot find if IT WILL scan for and delete existing bugs etc on computer before protecting it......or do I ahve to run spybot first; have put nothing on computer yet....

Jester2K 15:56 08 Mar 04

Spyware Blaster inserts information into the registry so Spyware thinks its already installed and doesn't try again.

If the spyware is already on there it will disable it too...

Install SpywareBlaster, update it, and enable protection for all items.

Install SpyBot, update and scan

Install AdAware, update and scan

GaT7 16:00 08 Mar 04

No, SpywareBlaster will NOT scan for bugs before protecting. You'll need to run Spybot AND Adaware to get rid of the existing ones, if any.

Have used Spywareblaster the last 2-3 months updated regularly - not a single bug so far. It comes highly recommended!

Stuartli 16:10 08 Mar 04

SpywareBlaster is intended to stop spybots etc BEFORE they can get on to your system - S and D 1.2 and AdAware6 get rid of them AFTER they have got onto your system.

Using SpywareBlaster alongside S and D and AdAware reduces to a minimum the amount of ferreting out S and D and AdAware are required to achieve. Updating regularly is an important part of all three utilities.

If you would believe what people are advising you instead of questioning/doubting everything you are told, you might get your system back up and running properly much, much quicker.

Most of us have been using such utilities for a long time now and know their capabilities very well indeed.

As I've already said in another of your threads, it's time you got rid of the apparent chip on your shoulder - if you are not willing to accept/believe sound advice then there is no point in posting threads.

You are defeating your own objective by adopting such pessimistic views on advice freely given, yet you appear to know very little at present about such utilities.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…