Remove Q815485 - Not In Add / Remove Programs

dave_and_confused 10:07 09 Aug 05

I need to remove MS Update Q815485 in order to try and resolve a problem with a Netgear router and USB Adapter.

Netgears solution is to remove this Hotfix - See click here - because it can interfere with the drivers. Google also shows lots of advise to do so.

Problem.

I open Add / Remove Programs, Click Show Updates and "Windows XP Hotfix (SP2) Q815485" doesn't appear. Also an entry for Q815485 doesn't show under the Windows Directpory either (with Hidden Files and Folders Shown).

Any ideas how to remove the Hotfix for a Windows XP PC?

Dennis1 10:37 09 Aug 05

Dave It does say "if you've got the hofix installed remove it", maybe like me you haven't got it installed. All my hot fixes begin KB.
Maybe that isn't your problem, just a thought.
Dennis

dave_and_confused 14:02 09 Aug 05

Hmm. It should be installed as the PC is all up to date.

All Netgear other explanations are a bit spurious and this seemed the best shot.

johnnyrocker 14:13 09 Aug 05

the reference you quote might be a microsoft faq try searching the ms site for it and you may well find it to be a question?

johnny.

dave_and_confused 17:07 09 Aug 05

I have tried over and over to find the KB reference but there really doesn't seem to be one....

ACOLYTE 17:58 09 Aug 05

This site seems to think the way to remove it is to reinstall it again,then it should put back the uninstall routine in the regestry and let you remove it.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…