Remove programs from Start/All Programs list

Pharamyd 16:10 11 Feb 07

Hi.
Can anyone tell me how I can remove a program from the list when you click Start / All Programs list on one user account but not on any other? If I remove a program it seems to remove it from all accounts on the computer. There are three accounts on my PC running Windows XP Home.
Many thanks in advance.

FreeCell 16:32 11 Feb 07

You can copy the program you want to have under a particular account to the Start Menu folder for those accounts and delete it from the Start Menu folder of All Users.

Click on My Computer and look in C:\Documents and Settings\ and you will see a number of folders. One will be called All Users and there will be three others for the accounts you have set up. Open folder \All Users\Start Menu\ and look for the program you want to move. It may be in folder Programs or even in a named folder in here. Cut the program and copy into the appropriate \Start Menu\ folder for your account.

Hope that helps.

Pharamyd 17:01 11 Feb 07

Thanks FreeCell

I'll have a go at that. Unfortunately, not until tomorrow as I have to go out. If I still have problems I'll come back.

Thanks again.

Pharamyd 14:16 12 Feb 07

Did as you advised, FreeCell, and it works! Easy when you know how (as usual).

Thank you very much.

FreeCell 19:03 12 Feb 07

Glad to help.

If all is okay perhaps you can mark the post as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…