Remove Programs from PC

Dave Phi 14:47 24 Oct 07

I am trying to remove some programs from a PC, AVG and DR Sppedtouch, However, I have tried the uninstall option, Add/Remove program and direct from the C: Drive but I am being refused access, can anybody suggest away around this?

johnnyrocker 14:53 24 Oct 07

you dont say what your os is but have you tried safe mode, or are you logged in as administrator..

johnny.

brundle 15:06 24 Oct 07

Refused access in what way? Refused access to the drive? Non-Administrator status? Which version of Windows?

Dave Phi 15:20 24 Oct 07

I have Windows XP, the message is:

Cannot delete: Acess is denied
Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not in use.

mfletch 15:32 24 Oct 07

Hi, Use Unlocker click here

Install then right click on the folder you want to remove and click on Unlocker it will give you options on what you want to do,

mfletch

brundle 15:35 24 Oct 07

Unlocker as posted above, and a double check to see that no tasks are running preventing removal; click here

Dave Phi 15:44 24 Oct 07

Thanks, all sorted apart from one file which is

avgupsvc - which is an AVG update service

Any ideas?

brundle 15:45 24 Oct 07

Open a command prompt.

Type

sc delete avgupsvc

press return

brundle 15:48 24 Oct 07

Make sure the service is stopped first;

net stop avgupsvc

at the command prompt

Dave Phi 15:50 24 Oct 07

Still there after command prompt. Does PC need to be re-started?

brundle 15:53 24 Oct 07

Even after making sure it was stopped? Reboot is worth a try. Was there only one service associated with AVG, usually there are two. Can't remember what the other is, scheduler perhaps even though the free one only has on/off options for schedule

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…