Remove a program

toonfireman1 13:57 09 Apr 04

I am having diffculty removing free virus blocker I down loaded called "V catch"
I am using XP pro
Any ideas
Thanks

spikeychris 14:22 09 Apr 04

You will need to elaborate somewhat. Vcatch FAQ
Q: I no longer want vCatch, how do I remove it from my computer?
A: Open the Windows Control Panel and select Add/Remove Programs. Select vCatch in the list of programs and click the "Remove" button.

woodchip 14:39 09 Apr 04

First remove from Add Remove in Control Panel Followed by

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box V catch click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with V catch in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type V catch and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than V catch then reboot your computer

toonfireman1 17:11 09 Apr 04

When I try to use uninstall i get the following message "Could not openINSTALL.LOG.file"
Unsue about doing the resistry bit?
Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 17:23 09 Apr 04

toonfireman1 - reinstall it and then try the uninstall routine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…