Remove password protection on a shared folder

Madscot_uk 12:21 23 Sep 06

I have recently moved up to uni and in our house all the pc's access the internet via wireless. All on the same workgroup & can see each other.

I can access my housemates shared folders, but when they try to access mine they are confronted with a username/password promt. I dont have any passwords set up to my knowledge, the xp login passwork is disabled so i have no idea how to turn this off or any idea what the username/password is.

Looking through the sharing and security settings doesnt seem to throw up anything obvious.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

Regards

Ms

ade.h 16:06 23 Sep 06

That is not a password on the folder. That is the username and password for your PC's admin account. Something which you would be unwise to make public knowledge.

Madscot_uk 22:30 23 Sep 06

Cheers, can i give read only access to other users on the internal wireless without having a password prompt?

ade.h 22:51 23 Sep 06

Not without delving into Local Secury policy and, frankly, I'm too tired to go into that!

Madscot_uk 22:56 23 Sep 06

Cheers for the guidance so far, i'll have a gander myself, but as you say, the morning will be a better time for it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017