Remove Outlook Express

suedeblue 20:27 08 Mar 06

Can anyone tell me how to remove outlook express from my computer please.

Belatucadrus 20:33 08 Mar 06

Control Panel / Add or remove programs / Add remove Windows componants. Untick Outlook express in the Windows componant Wizard pane , click next.

skidzy 20:33 08 Mar 06

Why would you want to remove OE from your system Sue ?

Diodorus Siculus 20:33 08 Mar 06

TopTechTips: Windows XP - Uninstall Outlook Express
click here

Depends on your OS and it's complicated.

Why remove it?

Diodorus Siculus 20:34 08 Mar 06

Or maybe not so complicated as Belatucadrus shows :-)

suedeblue 20:42 08 Mar 06

My version has problems and when I send an email from my hotmail account I get replies to my Lycos account and cannot seem to stop it.

suedeblue 20:47 08 Mar 06

Just looked at the instructions to remove. Better leave it for now unless anyone knows how I can get a better version.

Diodorus Siculus 20:48 08 Mar 06

That seems to be a configuration problem - haveyou looked at the settings?

suedeblue 20:48 08 Mar 06

In outlook?

ade.h 21:13 08 Mar 06

Here's what a lot folk don't know about the option to add or remove Windows components - I only read this myself the other day:

It doesn't actually remove the component, just your ability to access it in any way.

So if it's a prog that's giving you grief and a reinstall might be the order of the day, it may not actually have the slightest effect as adding it back won't overwrite anything!

There may possibly be ways and means around this, but I haven't found any as yet.

ade.h 21:16 08 Mar 06

And thanks for that link, Dio S. Answers part of my last line. Now to find out how to physically remove all trace of WMP, which is a bit fickle on one of my PCs and totally ignores being overwitten. May be a similar method.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos