Remove or leave programs ?????????????????

cofi 14:20 15 Jul 06

Windows XP,laptop,40GB hard drive,256 memory.There are some programs installed on my computer when new that I never use+never intend to use.In particular the games prog.These are simple enough to remove with the Windows add remove prog.Is there any danger in doing so? I have a RegScrupXP prog. that I could use to clean up afterwards if necessary.Is it worth the bother? Would I gain much extra H.D.capacity etc.There are probably other progs.that I could also remove.Thanks in advance etc.

vinnyT 14:31 15 Jul 06

Unless you are running v low on disk space,I wouldn't bother.

One thing I would suggest is to check msconfig, to see if any of these progs are automatically loaded on startup, if they are (and you don't use them), untick the box next to them, this will save on resources.

Hope this helps.

cofi 15:09 15 Jul 06

Will do,many thanks etc.

vinnyT 16:46 15 Jul 06

Welcome

961 17:33 15 Jul 06

Remove what you don't need. You'll see in add/remove programmes how much disk space you'll save with each one. Create a system restore point before you start

Where you are specifically asked while removing programmes if you wish to remove a particular driver etc that "may be required by another programme" it's best to leave these unless you specifically know it is not required

As to registry cleaners, while most work fine this is where trouble can sometimes arise if a cleaner is too enthusiastic. If you use one, ensure you back up the registry first

Disk cleanup via Programmes/system tools can often create hard disk space

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…