Remove one of the os

PWW 22:01 02 Mar 03

Hi to the one,s who know.
I have two OS at the moment.Windows 98se and Windows XP.
I have a duel boot system so when I start up the computer I have the option of either OS
My boot up drive is on Windows 98se (C)and one my other hard drive I have Windows XP.
What is the best way to remove the Windows 98se and just have Windows XP.
Do I have to format The C drive and reinstall Windows Xp or is there another way to do this.
Any help with this will be greatley apprecated.

AndySD 22:20 02 Mar 03

To remove Windows 98, start Windows xp and then delete the folder that contains Windows 98 (by default, this is the C:\Windows folder on the local hard disk).

NOTE: If there are any programs installed in Windows 98, you may want to uninstall these programs before deleting the folder.

You also need to manually edit the Boot.ini file to remove Windows 98 from the list of boot options.

To edit the Boot.ini file:

In Windows Explorer, click Folder Options on the View menu.

On the View tab, click Show All Files, and then click OK.

Click the root folder of the local hard disk, right-click the Boot.ini file, and then click Properties.

Click to clear the Read-Only, Hidden, and System check boxes, and then click OK.

Open the Boot.ini file in Notepad.

Remove any entries that no longer point to valid installations of Windows.

Save the changes to the Boot.ini file, and then restore its attributes. To restore the file's attributes, repeat steps 3 and 4, but click to select the check boxes.

By preference I would boot with the XP cd and at Setup format both drives and reinstall XP on C

PWW 22:26 02 Mar 03

Thanks for your help Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…