remove office 97

Gerrycan 14:18 13 Jun 03

Hi, can anyone tell me if their is a way to remove(un-install) microsoft office 97 without the cd,?

Megatyte 14:23 13 Jun 03

Don't know the answer, but why do you need to un-install? If it's to install a later version it'll go straight over the top.

Gerrycan 14:28 13 Jun 03

Thanks for your reply m8. but it ain't me, its a relative who cant find her cd,and she wants to remove it and use something else.

Djohn 14:36 13 Jun 03

Will it not un-install from, Add/Remove in control panel?

Gerrycan 14:40 13 Jun 03

No m8,it just asks for the cd.

Djohn 15:04 13 Jun 03

Sorry, I didn't realise that, thought it would un-install by itself. The only other option I can think of, is to see if you can borrow a copy of Office97 and use that to remove the existing one. Regards. j.

Kegger 15:07 13 Jun 03

does your relative Know any one with a copy, Microsoft in built into the software that you needed to install disk to add or remove or reinstall. if not you have to exact version as 'standard' will not unload 'profesional' or 'sbe' or vice versa.

OneSirKnight 15:27 13 Jun 03

Thanks you guys,just advised her to get a borrowed version ,or search the Attic,

Gerrycan 15:29 13 Jun 03

Thanks brov.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…