Remove microsoft outlook from desktop

chriscross72 12:33 04 May 05

Is there a simple and easy way to remove this programme from my desktop ?
It is not just a shortcut...I have one of those in my utilities folder
I rarely if ever use it and would like to remove it from my desk top

Thank you ; ))

DieSse 12:43 04 May 05

It is a "sort of" shortcut, even though it doesn't have the little shortcut symbol. On some items, which MS think should normally be on the desktop, they make an icon of this type. So go ahead and delete it - you will still be able to get to the program via the menus.

Stuartli 12:45 04 May 05

If you are still uncertain, right click on the icon and it will make it clear if it is a shortcut by the path listed.

You can then follow DieSse's advice.

DieSse 12:48 04 May 05

You won't find a path in the properties. However, just to make sure you will be OK, I deleted mine - and I can still get a Outlook from the Program menu.

Now to get it back on the desktop again ...... :-)))

DieSse 13:07 04 May 05

Which MS tell you how to do via a registry mod - and it worked!!

DieSse 13:08 04 May 05

PS - should have noted - Outlook2000 - though I'm sure it's similar for them all.

lotvic 17:06 04 May 05

I just put all unused/rarely used desktop icons in a Folder on the desktop. I named the Folder 'Unused Desktop' It means that they are there ready should I ever want them again - and saves a lot of messing about!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…