Remove media files from Media Player 8 library

steved 17:03 11 Jun 03

I've moved all my music files to a different drive, but can't work out how to remove their old location from the Windows Media Player library. I've run an update and it's logged the new location, but each file is now shown twice - and of course if it tries to play the 'old' version it comes up with an error because it can't find it.

Anybody?

Taff36 17:10 11 Jun 03

I`ve updated to version 9 but if I remember rightly try this.

Delete all the albums from the media library tab. Highlight each one and right click then delete.(If you get the option in V8 DON`T DELETE THEM FROM THE COMPUTER AS WELL)

Simply do your search as before and refresh your titles.

toxin 17:17 11 Jun 03

Hi Steved!

Did you save the files in a folder?

If so, try going to 'search' and type in the folder name, this should bring up all the library files which were located in that folder.

Then select as convenient, and right click>Delete from library.

This works in WMP9, hope it works in WMP8.

Toxin.

crx1600 17:17 11 Jun 03

or view 'all audio' sorted by 'address'(left click header bar, once for ascending and again for descending order) and you could then highlight all files from drive 'X' and leave behind the files on drive 'Y'.

steved 12:19 12 Jun 03

crx1600, that sounds like the best idea (we're talking hindreds of files in dozens of folders)... I'll have a go tonight. Thanks all!

steved 09:14 13 Jun 03

Yup, that worked - thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…