//some 3rd party need geo

Remove ME & Replace by 98SE

earlval 21:02 26 Apr 03

Help please.
I have two hard drives fitted to my system, no 1 a 10gig partitioned into two, registered as C Drive & E Drive.
A 40 gig drive partitioned into two and registered as D drive & F drive.
Being a licenced Radio ham I wish to use some AR Programmes which DO NOT WORK with ME (This is accepted by many & the Programme producers).
I wish to remove ME and go back to 98SE. Is it feasable to simply format drive C and not touch the others and then re-install 98SE or will I have to format all drives / hard disks.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am reluctant to get rid of all my programmes and data and then having to start all over again re-installing everything.
Help please
Vince
G4DQP.

zanwalk 23:02 26 Apr 03

Yes it is feasible to format just your 'C' drive and then install 98. The other partitions should be OK.

MAJ 23:07 26 Apr 03

You'll still have to reinstall all your programs though, earlval, but your data will be okay.

woodchip 23:16 26 Apr 03

It will be easy with Partition Magic. But you could try with a start disc from click here top one on the list. to format start with disc then type FORMAT C: press enter

earlval 07:34 28 Apr 03

Many many thanks for the info, I have just bought Partition Magic so over the next couple of days we will try things out.
Thanks again
Vince
G4dqp

pj123 12:48 28 Apr 03

This is nothing to do with your thread, but do you know if G4tmb is still on the air??

Pete

Switcher 13:02 28 Apr 03

You can also try just deleting or renaming Win.com in the windows directory this fools the PC into thinking that no windows system exists and thus allows you to install win98se without losing any of your prorgrammes.

earlval 15:51 28 Apr 03

Pete PJ123

I do not believe I know G4TMB personnally, but I will try & find out for you or at least some info.

Regards
Vince
G4DQP

woodchip 16:59 28 Apr 03

Partion Magic is bset run from Floppy on Win98

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…