Remove matcli?

Itinerant 14:35 01 Jan 03
  Itinerant 14:35 01 Jan 03

Happy New Year everyone! Still sorting out PC. I notice 'matcli' appearing on Taskbar when starting up. From browsing the net it seems to be a Dell programme? Should I remove it - I use MS Win ME. Any suggestions as to how? Thanks Itinerant

VoG™ 15:01 01 Jan 03

I think that this is a form of "spyware" used by Dell and Compaq.

I found this

matcli.exe is a motive Assistant Command line interface that gathers information about your system's identity like your name email address, city, state.. etc and gets written to a log file while silent.exe execute matcli.exe quietly in the background. Compaq Knowledge Center is required to run with the Help and Support program. If you remove the checkmark on Compaq Knowledge Center and then run help and Support it will add another Compaq Knowledge Center in the startup menu. If you remove the Compaq Knowledge Center in the add/remove program some help menus in help and support will not be available like Fix my Presario, Preference, and Contact Technical Support. It's best to leave it.

click here

So I suggest that you leave well alone.

VoG™ 15:58 01 Jan 03

Via e-mail: Thanks but I am mystified since I do not use Dell or Compaq! Itinerant

=================

May be HP? I would leave well alone if it is not too much of an annoyance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…