Remove Item From Add/Remove Programs List

Seadog 23:24 03 Jan 05

My son had Max payne 2 on my laptop computer and has removed it - or so he says. It is still in the add/remove programs list though. (Win Xp home) If I select it and click "Remove" I just get an error message saying that "the uninstall wizard has encountered a problem and will now close" there doesn't appear to be any files referring to Max Payne 2 on the hard drive.
How do I delete this from the add/remove programs list? It's just annoying really, not doing any harm.
There is another program (can't remember which) that he also "removed" and when I click on "remove", the uninstall wizard seems to start working - progress bar up to half way across - then it just disappears - any ideas?

Strawballs 23:27 03 Jan 05

click here Try this

Cook2 23:27 03 Jan 05

click here should get rid of leftovers.

woodchip 23:29 03 Jan 05

This I would think is the best you can do to remove so print off and follow.

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box Max Payne click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with Max Payne in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type Max Payne and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than Max Payne then reboot your computer

Seadog 23:30 03 Jan 05

Will try these thanks very much.

woodchip 23:38 03 Jan 05

It's search in XP

Strawballs 23:43 03 Jan 05

If you download and install the one I suggested it has a seperate feature for the uninstall list.

Seadog 00:27 04 Jan 05

Thanks guys

ACOLYTE 00:49 04 Jan 05

You could reinstall it and try again to remove it via its own removal app.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…