Remove Hard Drive from "My Computer"

Eargasm 15:16 26 Dec 09

I have just installed XP on one hard drive and Windows 7 on another hard drive ( same computer) as a dual boot.

When booting into Windows 7 "My Computer" only shows i hard Drive ( Drive c: Windows 7)

When i boot into XP "My Computer" shows XP Pro (C:) and Windows 7 (E:)

Is there any way of removing/hiding the Windows 7 drive from showing when in XP?

( both drives are shown in disk management when either operating system is booted)

Thanks

Simsy 19:55 26 Dec 09

Ashampoo Win Optimizer, (which I got from a recent coverdisc).

One of the things it can do is hide drives, so they are available to be used, but just aren't visible via, "My Computer" or Windows explorer, which is, I assume, exactly as you wish...

I suspect that it's just a registry setting that is changed, but I'm afraid I know not which one!

If you can get that prog, and install it on both, I imagine that you could use it from each and hide the relevant drive in each case.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 19:56 26 Dec 09

You'd only need to install it in win XP and hide the Win 7 drive.

Regards,

Simsy

Eargasm 12:19 27 Dec 09

Thanks Simsy, i recalled that Tweak UI for XP did pretty much the same thing so i used that to sort it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…