Remove Google Search on Toolbar

birdface 18:57 16 Sep 09

How do you remove the Sign in and Search setting for the Google address bar underneath the Toolbar.
I am using IE8 and don't seem to have a lot of search providers to pick from.But the Google search is beginning to annoy me I dont have a username or password for it and I do not want one.
So how do you get the Google search without the crap that comes with it.
Sometimes searching for things it takes me to the USA.It used to give you an option but I do not see it anymore.

birdface 19:00 16 Sep 09

Maybe never made my self clear I want Google but not the way it is.I can download other search providers but not a lot to choose from.
I would just like Google to be the way it always was.
I can't seem to find a solution.

Sea Urchin 19:11 16 Sep 09

Is this the Google Toolbar you are using or the Google search function within the IE8 browser?

And if anyone wanted more choice of search engines this might help

click here

birdface 19:18 16 Sep 09

Hi.It is the Google search function within the IE8 browser.I get those choices when I search for more providers but a few of the old ones are missing.
There is a way I think that you can search from the address bar.I may try that.
I just want Google the way it used to be where you could pick the UK to search and not the US.

Technotiger 19:22 16 Sep 09

Hi, when I do a Google search for possible purchases, I usually add 'UK' in the search line.

birdface 20:04 16 Sep 09

Well that solves that problem.I never thought of trying it that way.
Thank you both for your help.

birdface 20:27 17 Sep 09

I had already checked your Click here for search providers and was given the short list for those using IE8.Not a great deal to choose from but managed to download Ask Jeeves from another source.Just wondered why it was not in the Microsoft list.

Muergo 20:42 17 Sep 09

I sometimes use Avant a French site based on IE but improved. Woth a try.

birdface 22:20 17 Sep 09

Thank you for your interest.I am going to stick with Ask Jeeves at the moment.But may give your selection a try out later.

rdave13 23:25 17 Sep 09

Ask is on the list somewhere. Using the search on the 'Add-ons gallery:search providers' got me this; click here

birdface 09:23 18 Sep 09

Thats probably how I managed to find it.Microsoft give you a list of search providers compatible with IE8 and it is not on it.
Having used it yesterday I did notice that AVG link scanner does not work with it.Just as well that I use WOT also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…