Remove eScan AntiVirus Toolkit Utility

Rhua 14:56 26 Sep 05

My XP-SP2 system recently developed the following problem on boot-up:
Internal Error!!! This could be because of incorrect system date setting.
If not send log to
I had a trial version of eScan AntiVirus in use but I cannot find where it is hidden because I’d like to remove it as I feel it is the cause of this error.
Any suggestion please?

GaT7 15:09 26 Sep 05

Start->Run, type msconfig in the box & press OK. Click on the Startup tab & untick anything to do with eScan AntiVirus, mwti, etc. Click Apply, OK & reboot.

If the problem goes away you can delete the offending registry entries - but ask us first if you don't have much experience editing the registry. G

GaT7 15:20 26 Sep 05

Have you uninstalled eScan from Add/Remove Programs?

To remove it completely, & hopefully stop the above error see - "I need to remove eScan, but it will not uninstall through the Add/Remove Programs option in the Control Panel. How Can I Remove this from my PC?" click here. The lower portion about 'regedit' involves editing the registry.

I found your exact error message at click here, but apparently it happens when INSTALLING eScan. G

Rhua 15:38 26 Sep 05

I’ve done as suggested but can only find the entry ‘mwavscan’
Is this the eScan entry? There’s no entry eScan AntiVirus or mwti.
Thanks, M.

Rhua 15:44 26 Sep 05

eScan does not appear in the Add/Remove Programs either. That was my first attempt to resolve the error. M.

GaT7 16:02 26 Sep 05

Yes, untick mwavscan in msconfig & reboot.

If that solves the problem, here are instructions on removing it for good click here. Don't delete anything else. Set a System Restore (SR) point, before deleting anything.

If the problem persists there may be more eScan-related files/folders/registry entries that may need to be removed, & this may be accomplished by following the procedure in my first link (again set a SR point).

"There’s no entry eScan AntiVirus or mwti..." - sorry, I should've been clearer. I meant eScan-related entries (not literally 'eScan AntiVirus' or 'mwti') - if that makes any sense : ) G

Rhua 16:07 26 Sep 05

Many thanks for your help - problem appeared solved. M.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…