Remove duplicate instance of Windows 2000 Pro

Michendi 16:51 07 Feb 04

I reinstalled Widows 2000 Professional. Unfortunately during the setup I choose the wrong option and now have 2 instances of Windows. Does anyone know how I can remove the original instance?
Tks Michendi

alan227 17:04 07 Feb 04

This works for XP,might work for 2000.
Try going Start/control panel/system/advanced/start up and recovery/settings/ and in System Startup click on Edit, if their are two instances of 2000in the boot loader delete one.

Michendi 13:48 16 Feb 04

Hi Alan, thanks for the suggestion. The "Edit" option is not available in W2000 so it is not possible to delete the duplicate OS through this function. As yours was the only reply it seems that this is not something anyone else in the Helproom has resolved.

temp003 14:04 16 Feb 04

Is this thread related to click here ? If so, what do you really want to do? Reformat or pick one of the 2 copies?

MichelleC 14:35 16 Feb 04

Are both w2k's on same partition?

Michendi 15:33 17 Feb 04

Tks for the response. Yes, the 2 threads are connected. If I can't get rid of the second instance of W2K Pro then I will reformat. And yes, both instances are on the same partition.

MichelleC 20:35 17 Feb 04

W2k is really stable as dual boot, but no os on same partition is. IMHO it's best to reformat, and if only have 1 partition to create 2 so data can always be reclaimed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…