remove disconnect option?

boybrown 17:51 31 Dec 04

Hi Folks,

Just a quick one (hopefully!). We've just moved onto ADSL connection through the BT phoneline. All is well but each time we close OE there is a prompt box asking if we want to disconnect form the internet. As we want the connection permanently on (ease, laziness, NOD update) does anyone know a tweak to get rid of the blessed thing?

I realise that there may not be many people out there right now. Only reason I'm not about to have a knees up is my other half is unfortunately poorly.

I hope you all have a peaceful and safe new year and celebrate in whichever way works for you, after all, diversity makes the world an interesting place!

boybrown :o)

Jackcoms 18:09 31 Dec 04

boybrown

Don't know a tweak but, for what it's worth, I use ADSL and ALWAYS disconnect when I'm away from my PC for any length of time.

It prevents any 'nasties' getting on to the machine. ;-)

Technotiger 19:22 31 Dec 04

Hi, you could change your email programme - I use Incredimail a Free download from click here
I have btbroadband too, most days it is on all the time. But make sure you have at least AVG(Free) and Zone Alarm(Free) .......essential for internet use. Ad-Aware SE Personal (also Free) is another must-have, or at least something similar. If you do have the above programs don't forget to update regularly, I do mine daily.

Welcome to the 'Fast-lane' Happy New Year.

Technotiger 19:23 31 Dec 04

Ooops - sorry :-(

boybrown 16:14 08 Jan 05

Cheers guys,

PLenty to think about there

:o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…