Remove Direct X 9

ikle_pixie 17:08 17 Mar 03

Can someone tell me how to get rid of it? I think its causing problems on my pc. I've tried installing an older version but it wont work. I know XP can roll back one...but im using 2000. Ive seen on the web there's an uninstaller somewhere.

powerless 17:13 17 Mar 03

"DirectX 9.0 is a system component and cannot be uninstalled. If there is a problem with the DirectX installation, it can normally be resolved by shutting down all running applications and reinstalling. As mentioned previously, DirectX 9.0 is fully backward-compatible with titles written for previous versions of DirectX. If you are having other problems after installing DirectX 9.0, these can often be resolved by installing updated drivers for your display card, audio card, or input device.

As with most software, users of Windows ME and Windows XP have the option of creating a “System Restore point" before installing. System Restore points allow you to roll back your operating system to a time before the software was installed. If you feel there are special circumstances which may necessitate removal of DirectX. It is recommended that you create a System Restore point. Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, and Windows 2000 do not support the "System Restore" feature."

click here

Rayuk 17:24 17 Mar 03

click here
or an English speaking site[not sure if its the same German programme]
click here

ikle_pixie 17:34 17 Mar 03

its just im having difficulties playing the games i could before...

powerless 17:39 17 Mar 03

Whats the difficulties?

ikle_pixie 17:50 17 Mar 03

Thanks for that Rayuk, but im using 2000

ikle_pixie 17:51 17 Mar 03

hmm but yet it says under requires Win All

Rayuk 18:17 17 Mar 03

Yes youre quite right there my mistake sorry.

ikle_pixie 18:21 17 Mar 03

No dont worry about might have helped. Im kinda speaking for my boyfriend here. He's just trying it, it can work for 2000 to. But it also gave him a link for another one which it recommended to use with 2000.

Stuartli 18:50 17 Mar 03

Not quite correct...:-)

You can return to a previous version of the Windows Registry in 98 (SE) by booting with an emergency startup disk.

At the command prompt, type Scanreg/restore.

You will be presented with the previous five registry backups.

Select the one that you know to have been OK and click the Restore button. That version will be automatically restored.

It's possible to increase the number from five if you wish. In the C:\Windows directory edit the file Scanreg.ini and change the number in the line MaxBackupCopies=X; x should be changed to whatever number you feel is suitable. Save and exit the file.

ikle_pixie 23:34 17 Mar 03

Well, he did it. But unfortunately that doesnt seem to have corrected his problem so might not have been his problem in the first place, oh well.

Thanks anyway Rayuk!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…