Remove Avast from computer

salmo3 10:44 06 Feb 06

I down loaded avast to try before my norton runs out,but my computer has slowed right down, to the point of stopping, I switched off norton after the instal but still no good, have done serch with spybot nothing found. I have tried to remove avast from add & remove but can't remove.
Could anyone please help

Belatucadrus 10:58 06 Feb 06

Switching Norton off isn't really enough, you should remove any incumbent AV software before installing a replacement. I suspect that the slow down you are suffering from is due to the two packages clashing.
If removing avast! is proving problematic, try the removal tool click here

Gongoozler 10:59 06 Feb 06

If Avast isn't in Add/Remove Programs, it hasn't installed properly, possibly because you tried to install it while Norton was still there. This would also explain your computer slowing down. Having more than one antivirus running always causes problems. My recommendation is to unninstall Norton, then reinstall Avast. After that you should be able to uninstall Avast and then decide which of the two you want to keep.

salmo3 11:38 06 Feb 06

Avast removed and will instal when Norton runs out, All is ok now thaks a lot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…