remove android from net book

talyho 11:18 AM 22 Jun 11

Can any one please tell me if instant-on for android can be removed from my wifes (Acer Aspire one) she down loaded it from her user guide but it seems to have complicated her netbook for her as she is just starting on computing any help please

Nontek 11:52 AM 22 Jun 11

Try uninstalling it with this link text FREE version. Follow these instructions exactly.

During the un-install process you may be asked if you want to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start at this point, let Revo continue. You will eventually get the option to Select All and to Delete - DO SO. You may be given the same options a second time, again DO SO, do not be picky, just accept all that Revo chooses. After clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

Woolwell 12:35 PM 22 Jun 11

My understanding is the Android is provided for this netbook as a dual boot so that if you just want to browse on the net or e-mail Android gives you a quick start. I would be wary of removing it.

Nontek 12:59 PM 22 Jun 11

Woolwell - Hi, having been downloaded by user, I assume therefore that it is un-installable.

Woolwell 15:36 PM 22 Jun 11

Nontek - I think it was pre-installed - not sure what was meant by "downloaded from user guide". The user guide is normally on the system.

Which model Acer Aspire One?

Woolwell 15:38 PM 22 Jun 11

Is it this one D250 review

Nontek 16:00 PM 22 Jun 11

Woolwell Reckon you are right, but having read that review I can understand why the OP wants to get rid of the Android OS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016