Remove All Tracec Of MS OFFICE XP

®ubz - ©lone 21:24 11 Feb 05

anyone know how i can Remove All Tracec Of MS OFFICE XP...is there a tool that microsoft provide to do this...links would be very helpful.....

VoG II 21:30 11 Feb 05

click here will not remove it but will effectively make Windows think that it is not installed.

®ubz - ©lone 21:33 11 Feb 05

plez help me on the other thread plzclick here

VoG II 21:40 11 Feb 05

Follow Bela's advice.

Presumably you have a desktop shortcut for Word. Right click it and select Properties. Change what is there to

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE10\WINWORD.EXE" /a

Then double click it.

I sincerely hope that this is a kosher version of Word and you are not winding us up again.

Dan the Confused 21:41 11 Feb 05

click here any use?

Meshuga 07:39 12 Feb 05

As VoG has mentioned, this was a windup from the start. The same nickname slightly disguised, a number of different fault postings, and the occsional bad tempered remarks all add up to more of the same as in previous threadd removed by FE.

®ubz - ©lone 12:00 12 Feb 05

I can asure u that i have an ORIGINAL copy of office xp now and this is not a wind-up Meshuga:@.--- did u see the keyword in that sentance:ORIGINAL - :0( :0~#

end 14:01 12 Feb 05

original "copy", yes; but not original CD::))

is it a genuine CD else you will have the same problems again:)

Dan the Confused 14:01 12 Feb 05

I take it Add/Remove Programs doesn't work then. Is click here any help? Have you tried a registry cleaner? RegSeeker click here

Forum Editor 14:08 12 Feb 05

First things first; why do you want to remove MS Office from your machine - presumably you need an Office suite, or you wouldn't have installed it in the first place?

That being the case, your problem can easily be resolved - phone the Microsoft help-desk and use one of the free support calls to which you are entitled under the terms of your licence.

I accept your assurance that you have a fully licenced copy of MS Office, and therefore you'll have no difficulties when you do phone Microsoft. In the meantime I'll lock the thread to prevent any more outbreaks of irritability - if you still need help, email me and explain and I'll unlock the thread for you.

Does that make sense? I don't want you to think that we are being unhelpful, but your posts have given some people the impression (wrongly, I'm sure) that we might be dealing with a pirate copy of Office here. I've closed your other thread, if we're going to use one it will be this one.

Djohn 14:11 12 Feb 05

I spent some considerable time along with VoG™ helping you with this problem in another thread for which you then abused both of us.

I understand from this thread, you now have a new copy of Office but unless it is a genuine Microsoft CD you may have problems in getting it to work.

I looked at the screenshot in your other thread and it is showing the exact same problems as your first copy did. I know that Office is expensive to buy and the temptation to purchase from a source that is not reputable is great.

If you are in desperate need of a genuine application of Office 2000 complete with serial number then please say so, I will see what I can do for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…