Remove advertisers name from Internet Explorer

loopyloo 16:56 26 Apr 04

I have upgraded to internet explorer 6 from a cd which comes with computer magazines. Along the top of the title bar of explorer I have the Magaines name ie: "Internet Explorer provided by ####." Is there any way I can get rid of the magazines name.

VoG II 16:58 26 Apr 04

click here click on Jester2K Freeware then scroll down to I.E. Debrander.

Lionheart ? 17:03 26 Apr 04

If you have SpywareBlaster it can be done there,
click here

Tools/Misc IE settings you can then change it to what ever you want.

Stuartli 17:54 26 Apr 04

First close down Internet Explorer then click Start and Run. In the Open dialog box type:

rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear

(note the space after .exe and comma
before Clear)

and click OK.

After restarting Internet Explorer the annoying ISP branding should disappear.

The mention above of SpywareBlaster also works well.

Stuartli 17:55 26 Apr 04

Copying and pasting the line is the easiest way.

rubella 17:55 26 Apr 04

this'll do it and some other bits:

click here

Stuartli 13:44 27 Apr 04

It may well do but the link doesn't work, nor when deleting back to the basic URL.

feb 16:11 27 Apr 04

Click start>run, type regedit click ok, double click HKEY-CURRENT-USER> software> microsoft> internet explorer, click Main, right click window title, click modify, and type in whatever you like.

loopyloo 16:17 28 Apr 04

I have tried the above and I don't know if it has worked because when I open a web page it displays ie: PC advisor plus advert or the name of whatever website I have gone too. Is this write should I have the names of websites etc on the title bar.

Stuartli 16:42 28 Apr 04

The page on which I am currently typing this, for example, says: PC Advisor - Expert Advice you can trust / Discussion (plus my own added words which, for personal vanity reasons, is my name).

Another open web page has something entirely different.

rubella 19:14 28 Apr 04

strange, it still works for me:

http: //

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…