Removal of URL's in IE.6

Nicknames 13:16 12 Feb 03

I have tryed to remove previous searches from the IE.6 search box, and am unable to, the main suggestion seems to be :
Using the regedit function delete (typed URL's) from _Hkey_current_user\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ Typed URL's

But it seems that this string is undeleteable, is there any free-ware that can do this when scheduled or prompted?
Or any other ideas would be appreciated.

watchful 13:29 12 Feb 03

If you're using Win XP just go to Tools/Internet Options and Clear History, near the bottom of page.

beeuuem 13:30 12 Feb 03

I don't know what you have tried in the past but this always works for me
In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Under History, change the number of days that the History list keeps track of your pages.
Notes

To empty the History folder, click Clear History. This will temporarily free up disk space on your computer.
For Help on an item, click at the top of the dialog box, and then click the item.

Legolas 13:34 12 Feb 03

If you mean the list of url's that appear in the address bar at the top of IE6 click tools/internet options/general/clear history.

If you mean searches done from within IE6 using the search facility on the taskbar then if you open the search facility and click in the search box all your past search terms will appear put your mouse pointer over an entry and it will turn blue do not click the mouse once the entry has turned blue press the delete button on your keyboard and hey presto the entry will disappear just repeat for each entry you want to delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…