removal of unused microsoft programs

dontnoafing 10:04 22 Mar 05

hi,my family and i have very simple pc/internet add/remove programs there are listed the following:microsoft money and system pack:microsoft works 6.0:microsoft xml parser and sdk(?).have,nt a clue what last one is.this seems quite a large amount of space taken up on harddrive.will removal have any detrimental affect on other programs/windowsxp.we, i,m sure just do not use any of these programs.

Diodorus Siculus 10:38 22 Mar 05

If you don't use MS Money or MSWorks then feel free to remove them and then run a reg cleaner.

MSParser I would leave.

What size is your disk? It may be that you will only free up minimum space.

If you want better performance, click here
for a good site to tell you what can be disabled.

dontnoafing 17:00 22 Mar 05

thanks for answer.(put post on site then went out so sorry if you think you,d been ignored.)the main reason i was thinking of removing these bulky programs was when defraging/running avg/spybot etc.i,d noticed them being scanned and just thought of time it i say we,ll never use them and i,d read,on the forum i believe,not to uninstall outlook express for instance as its intergrated with other programs/windows.thanks again for answer will check out black viper site later.

ventanas 17:11 22 Mar 05

As Diodorus Siculus says you can certainly get rid of Money & Works if you don't need them.

As to the Parser, from the Microsoft web site "XML parsers have shipped in each version of Internet Explorer since IE 5.01. However it is recommended to have the latest version of IE and the latest version of the MSXML parser installed." So I would leave it alone. (sdk stands for software development kit)

Diodorus Siculus 18:45 22 Mar 05

You can freely get rid of Outlook Express, and Internet Explorer if you want but the latter (IE) is necessary for some programs.

I run aversion of Win98 with most MS components removed. But it has its limitations...

Go to add/remove programs, and then the MS tab and you can remove some different bits and pieces from there.

As for being ignored, you should see the number of andswers I have posted which never got a reply! :-) Not to worry, if the solution I posted has helped.

dontnoafing 21:35 22 Mar 05

you,v all been a great help...many viper site is an eye opener.and thank heavens i asked about the parser!.

ventanas 08:28 23 Mar 05

I should have mentioned before, you need the parser, but the sdk part is optional, but I still wouldn't risk it as from your wording they appear to be linked in add/remove.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…