removal of SpywareStormer ?

brigtoo 09:40 22 Apr 05

spybot is finding spywarestormer, after removing with spybot, it reappears on next start up. i have tried to remove with system restore off in safe mode with the same result. none of my other anti spyware programmes find spywarestormer. have tried google search for answer to removal, nothing found, anybody got a solution.

Jakey boy 09:50 22 Apr 05

....have you tried PestPatrol? I have the licensed version, and I have to say that it finds quite a few pests that others like Adaware and Spybot don't! It was bundled with the full version of ZoneAlarm Pro, which I don't use anymore, but regularly run, it finds lots of crap! Worth a try?

Jakey boy 09:55 22 Apr 05

I was looking for the weblink within the program for you, but it's not there anymore. Try a google search for the site, there may be a trial version!

brigtoo 10:01 22 Apr 05

found site, no trial version only free scan if using i.e. not firefox. thanks for help

rawprawn 10:06 22 Apr 05

My Spybot 1.4RC Beta found Spywarestormer twice, I deleted it both times, and I have not had it since. One option for you may be to run Spybot in safe mode and try deleting it from there. (Tap F8 on booting)

brigtoo 11:16 22 Apr 05

have switched off system restore, rebooted to safe mode, run spybot, deleted swstormer, rerun spybot 4 times,with no detection of spstormer. restarted pc,run spybot and spywarestormer reappears with system restore still switched off. dont know what my next move is.

brigtoo 11:30 22 Apr 05

further to last post. deleted swstormer, rerun spybot whish came up clear, restarted system restore, rerun spybot, still clear of stormer but i know it will reappear on next startup of pc, if so does it mean its in the registry, which is a place i fear to go. i thought spybot would remove it even from there.

rawprawn 11:36 22 Apr 05

Start /Search for swstormer and delete any references, Start /run type msconfig and look in the start tab untick any reference to it. Check in Add or Remove programs to see if there is anything there, if so delete it. Download and run A² click here. If none of these produce a result I suspect a false positive.

rawprawn 11:39 22 Apr 05

I think we were posting at the same time, Have you rebooted your machine and run Spybot again.

brigtoo 11:39 22 Apr 05

as suspected rebooted stormer still there with 3 reg keys listed. will go rawprawns root.

rawprawn 11:53 22 Apr 05

If you want to look in your registry, fist of all BACK UP. Start / Run Type regedit hit OK Make sure "My Compuer" is highlighted, go to File/Click Export,choose where you want to save the file, choose a name Regbackup for eg, and save.

To search the registry, click Edit / Find type spywarestormer, click Find next Delete any reference it finds Do not touch anything else, then cick Find Next again, keep doing that until it's finished deleting anything it finds each time.

To restore the registry just double click on the Backup file you saved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…