Removal of Scanner?

night 13:34 29 Jul 03

It would appear that when I updated from Windows ME to Windows XP after reformatting the hard disc, it has somehow carried over my scanner software, I have installed the scanner using the software for XP, but it keeps telling me when trying to scan another imaging device is in use, hence I have 3300C and another 3300C #2. how do I remove one of them carried over from Windows ME, in device manager it only shows one, but somehow two exist ?????????????? HELP PLEASE

Jester2K II 13:38 29 Jul 03

Right click the one you don't want and select Uninstall.

Jester2K II 13:40 29 Jul 03

Sorry misread- Go to the Windows Directory. Find a folder called Twain_32. Delete the driver folder you don't want. If not sure delete both scanner folders and reinstall.

Jester2K II 16:03 30 Jul 03

Hello to you and I thank you for your suggestion ref the removal of the Twain_32, I have done as you said but believe it or not it still remains, and I get he message each time I try to scan that another imaging device is working being the one that was installed in Widows Me, is there any other way I can get rid of it as it must be on the hard disc still? I appreciate your reply though and thanks again . Bryan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…