Removal of "reminder" icons/programms

Landy Man 11:44 10 Jul 03

Can anyone please tell me how to delete the curse of reminder icons/programmes. I had REAL player on my system but I have uninstalled it as it was not required. I atill get however a "real" icon appearing in the task bar. This flashes annoyingly and when selected asks me to upgrade/register etc. I just cancel this but am fed up doing it every time I use the computer. I have e-mailed Real for an answer, but as usual, no response!!.

I also have Norton anti virus programme acitvating a "live update" eevery time I access the internet. This needs to go as well.

Is it me, or do others get hacked off with these software writers "infecting" our systems with these things. They should include an option when they pop up to permanently deleted them. Any software that does this, I vow never to use that company again. Companies take note!!!!

drho 11:49 10 Jul 03

I hope someone can come up with the answer as I have a similar problem. Running Windows XP, upon bootup, I get a dialogue box every time asking me to install my printer and then another telling me I may experience problems! My printer is installed and working very well!

Mango Grummit 12:52 10 Jul 03

You can get it, and other things, under control with Startup Manager from click here

Mango Grummit 12:56 10 Jul 03

NOOOOOO, not above, this is the one I use. Free from
click here

Mango Grummit 01:17 11 Jul 03

You sorted now?

Landy Man 11:01 11 Jul 03

Mango you are a *STAR* !!!!!

What a great programme you suggested. The offending items have been removed OK. What an eye opener the list is that is displayed by Starup Manager. No wonder the computer takes longer and longer to get running!.

Good man..

cheers
Landy MAn

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…