Removal of Program ID from ADD & REMOVAL list

Ggolf-9 21:11 28 Dec 03

I have just tried to install a program and encountered problems while doing so. I tried too remove it using the ADD & REMOVE opption in control panel but found that it was still there even though no trace could be seen on my hard drive.
I have tried to re install the software but the program is saying that it is still there. Is this because the program is still on the ADD & REMOVE list and if so can I remove it from the list.

Any Help would be greatful

Cheers

Graham

alcudia 21:49 28 Dec 03

Shouldn't make any difference. Something has fouled up. What program and what OS.

QQAA 22:16 28 Dec 03

You can download this free registry-related tool from the author's website click here.

At the Opening Menu, proceed to press in the following sequence :

Registry Tools > Registry Manager > Uninstall Menu

Remove the 'shadow' Software Title(s) inside the "Uninstall Menu" which you know should not be there already, because they have been uninstalled.

All removed program entries would be kept in the "Backups" section of the Opening Menu. You can delete them later when you feel comfortable about it.

VoG II 22:21 28 Dec 03

Not free any more!

QQAA 22:29 28 Dec 03

For the "jv16 PowerTools" v1.41 (Build 248) installed in my machine, I have not been asked to upgrade into a paid registered version.

Eastender 22:40 28 Dec 03

I have this stored away BUT have never used it. No idea where it came from.

Once you have successfully uninstalled something, and you notice that it still shows up in the add/remove directory, that's because it sometimes keeps registry entries.
Do this to edit your registry and fix that: click 'start', 'run', then type: "regedit" Then navigate to this:
Hkey_local_machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Uninstall
Now just delete the key you need to in the list you see.

AS WITH ALL REGISTRY 'FIDDLING' FIRST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY.

Gandalph 22:47 28 Dec 03

You could always try RegClean from click here I use it and it works very well.

QQAA 23:00 28 Dec 03

is "Regcleaner", if I do not remember wrongly.

I think the fact that the name was quite close to the venerable free "RegClean" from Microsoft is a major reason which prompted its young author to develop the similar "jv16 PowerTools" subsequently.

Jester2K 08:00 29 Dec 03

1) Is NOT Free - check the website.

2) Was changed becasue its becomes more than just a Reg Cleaner. Is a pwoerful set of toools for various jobs. RegSupreme is his stand-alone reg cleaner (not free either)

Ggolf-9 08:10 29 Dec 03

Hi everyone

Followed QQAA's lead and used jv16 PowerTools, removed the program ok then re-installed from scratch, no problems this time. For those who wanted to Know the Program, it was Codemasters POP IDOL PC Game (daughter is a big fan of SAM)and I am running XP (home).

Thankyou for all your help

A greatful Father and happy daughter

Graham

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5