//some 3rd party need geo

removal of pop-ups

crespo 02:13 15 Dec 05

Hi! This is Crespo calling. How do you remove annoying "pop-ups" that appear at the bottom of your screen when you are visiting a website? I've been getting Starware pop-ups telling me of other alternative sites/subjects to the one i'm on.I'm getting fed up having to click it off all the time! Any ideas anyone? Cheers! C.

Skills 02:20 15 Dec 05

You can try a pop up blocker theres one built into IE with service pack 2 on XP. Or MSN toolbar has a pop up blocker and so does google toolbar.
Some antispyware programs also have pop up blockers as well.

Even with those thou sometimes they do get through I guess its just one of those annoying things on the web

sidecar sid 07:50 15 Dec 05

Go to Control Panel.
Open Add/Remove Programs.
Look for Starware 3.3.2.0 and remove it.

Mytob 13:45 15 Dec 05

in a simple way dont use ie! iv tryed the popup blocker under it and well how can i put it apart from it being the bigest joke iv ever come across! If i were you kick the ie habbit and download a real web browser like firefox or opera! I use firefox and well the popup blocker is far superia to the ie one and there is also a adblock plugin which you can download which gets rid of them anoying flash ads and usual image ones aswell! As for starware you should delete it as mention above and then run adaware spybot and install spywareblaster on your system. ie is very suseptable to picking up crap on the net like that and iv had no probs with firefox in the half year iv been using it and i would not go back if M$ payed me to!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:47 15 Dec 05

Starware
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…