Removal Of Office 97 Without Disc

steviegee 12:49 PM 20 Sep 11

I want to remove office 97 from my PC but it keeps asking for the original disc which I no longer have to continue with uninstall. How can I get around this and uninstall it from my PC please? Thanks.

proudfoot 13:32 PM 20 Sep 11

Try Revo Uninstaller Use the Advanced option.

steviegee 13:53 PM 20 Sep 11

Thanks it still asks for the discs when using that.

Terry Brown 14:02 PM 20 Sep 11

I assume you want to load another Word Processor, If it is a Microsoft one, the new version should automaticly update your Office 97, otherwise try this remover from Microsoft.

steviegee 14:17 PM 20 Sep 11

I havent another office to run over it I want to totally remove it. That Microsoft eraser didnt remove it either.

Zak 15:07 PM 20 Sep 11

Office Removal Wizard is contained in the:

Office 2003 Editions Resource Kit - file ork.exe (10th down the list)

Bapou 15:27 PM 20 Sep 11

I had a similar problem with Office 2003, after a number of attempts success was achieved by downloading and using the specific resource kit.

There's a free download for Office 97 Resource Kit at Office Resource Kit. Once installed, choose Removal Wizard from the Resource Kit's menu.

This may have been for XP only, I'm not sure,but worth a try even if you are using any other Windows OS. After the 2003 removal, CCleaner cleaned out any left overs from the Registry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know