removal of office 97

dvdcllns 17:09 PM 04 Jan 12

I'm trying to remove a copy of office 97 from a laptop that's running Xp. It asks me for the installation Cd1 but I don't have the CD's

Any suggestions?

rawprawn 17:42 PM 04 Jan 12
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:51 PM 04 Jan 12

You can completely uninstall Office 97 (as well as other versions) without CD also. Download and use Microsoft Office Removal Wizard (for Microsoft Office 4.x, Office 95, Office 97, and Office 2000); and then download and use Utility to completely remove remaining Office 97 files and registry entries.

Instead you also can manually delete all Office-related folders and files, and then delete all Office-related Registry keys. For more information, see MSKB 158658: How to Completely Remove Microsoft Office 97

dvdcllns 13:18 PM 06 Jan 12

Worked a treat guys! Thanks very much. Now, how do I tick this thread as 'resolved'?

lotvic 13:58 PM 06 Jan 12

Click on the big grey tick that is just to the right of posts. Click on the one that best answered your query. The tick will turn green. Next time you refresh the page it will be marked as Resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X