removal of norton i s 2003

cooked cow 11:28 21 Feb 03

i,ve just removed nis from my pc using symantec's
Rnav.exe & Rnis.exe from there site(thanks jazzypop for the link).they recommend i edit the registry to remove everything that belongs to nav,
i,m not that good to be messing around in there so
would it be the same if i looked for files & folders that belong to symantec and delete them that way? i know it,s not as good as editing the registry but it,s just a thought! i dont have any other products of symantec on my pc

jazzypop 11:52 21 Feb 03

Sorry, but no. The link I gave you yesterday itself has detailed links describing exactly how to edit the registry.

It looks a little scary if you have not done it before, but it is no different to editing a long and complex document.

First, make a backup of your registry (as described on Norton's site). Then print out the instructions.

Then take them exactly one step at a time. Although there are many steps, each one is simple in itself.

Your suggestion of just deleting files and folders will leave you with the worst of both worlds - a program that is not there, but a registry that thinks it is, and tries to run it. A sure recipe for serious grief.

Once you get into it, and take it slowly and step-by-step, I'm sure it won't be nearly as difficult as you imagine :)

(Link to previous thread - click here )

cooked cow 12:22 21 Feb 03

thanks for the help.i,m going to lay down in a darkend room for a while to pluck up some courage.
mmmmy hhhhhands aare shaacking already!!
hope to be able to post reply.

cooked cow 15:23 21 Feb 03

thanks for the help i,ve edited the registry
with no problems

jazzypop 15:44 21 Feb 03

It's a bit like ging to the dentist - the thought of going is worse than the actual experience

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…