Removal of MS06-033

Press Man 20:52 30 Jul 06

Hi Guys,

A scan using Trend Micro Housecall detected MS06-033 and indicated that it should be removed manually? Can anyone tell me what it is, should it be removed, how do I remove it? Thanks in advance of your help.

terryf 20:55 30 Jul 06

Have you tried a Google search?

VoG II 20:55 30 Jul 06
  Press Man 21:21 30 Jul 06

Tried to install patch NDP20-KB917283-X86.exe but would not install. Message box said either programme is missing, patch is for a different version and to verify it is the correct patch?

Stuartli 21:55 30 Jul 06

MS 06-033 is:

This vulnerability could allow an attacker to bypass ASP.Net security and gain unauthorized access to objects in the Application folder explicitly by name. Note that this vulnerability would not allow an attacker to execute code or to elevate their user rights directly, but it could be used to produce useful information that could be used to try to further compromise the affected system.

You can check if you need it here (i.e. you have iNET Framework Version 2.0 installed):

click here

Stuartli 22:01 30 Jul 06

Seems to be the same link as that of VoG™

It can be removed, if necessary, from Add/Remove Programs (Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>tick Show all Updates>scroll down to iNET Framework and check if it is listed.

If you don't have iNET Framework V2 it probably won't be listed.

Press Man 08:50 01 Aug 06

I have listed in Add/Remove progs .Net Framework 1.1 & 2. Tried all three MS patches for this and none would load, all gave the message as described in my earlier post. I will "tick" as resolved for now, unless anyone can suggest anything further. Thanks for your time guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple