removal of java

rossol 17:52 06 Oct 05

have to remove my java so i can re install new java but in control panel/java, when i open it up no where does it say un install
so went to program files started to un install java file then it stopped me say it cannot delete "jusched.exe" ????
went to search for java files and a lot came up but i did not know which ones i could safely delete

SOREBLADE 18:55 06 Oct 05

I'd say delete the lot of Java file also make sure Java is not runnig AT ALL and the donload the latest version. Can't you just update?? I Do.

Pine Man 19:09 06 Oct 05

Be careful when you 'just update' because what usually happens is that Java installs the latest version and leaves the old one on your PC.

SOREBLADE 19:16 06 Oct 05

Well I mean it just downloads more files different I guess.

Pine Man 19:23 06 Oct 05

The latest version of Java is J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4 and that is how it should appear in 'Add Remove Programs'.

After having updated Java you may well find another (the old one) version with a similar name in Add Remove Programs or in your program files on your C directory.

rossol 14:57 10 Oct 05

got rid and updated java thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…