removal of dos based programs

sputnick 20:19 26 Feb 07

On my desktop in XP I have two dos based icons where I download Killdisk before putting onto floppy.
One is Killdisk and the other is an associated file dos4gw.
I have tried all ways to remove but each time get a message it is being used by another person or program.
As it is not a XP program is is not in add/remove programs.
Their support just tell me to delete but that is not possible.
Has anyone found a way to delete.

VoG II 20:20 26 Feb 07
  woodchip 20:25 26 Feb 07

You should be able to Just Delete it in Safe Mode.
Start comp keep tapping F8 choose Safe Mode. After right click item the choose Delete or press Del key

Kingfisher 20:28 26 Feb 07

Hi sputnick can you find it if you do a search from start>search and then try deleting, if not try searching for it in the registry start>run> regedit and then typing find from the file menu and entering name of files one at a time then press f3 to search again, delete any references you find, be warned export copy of registry to desktop first, you can import back if it all goes pear shaped.
you could also try starting pc in safe mode pressing f8 continuously at reboot and then search from there that might work
good luck

sputnick 20:31 26 Feb 07

Thanks VoG. the Unlocker worked a treat.
Where would I be without this forum.
Thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…