Removable Disc

Pidder 18:23 19 Sep 03

My Fuji digital camera shows as a removable disc when connected to the PC via USB. If I try to save a file such as a JPEG photo, one of the options under "Save As" is to the removable disc, but when I try this I am told the disc is write protected. Does anyone know if the write protection can be disabled so that the camera can be used to write files to the SmartMedia card?

Pidder 11:14 20 Sep 03

Any ideas?

DieSse 11:20 20 Sep 03

Read the camera manual carefully - often this is not allowed.

If you use a seperate card reader, you may have more successs, as there is no camera hardware/firmware to get in the way.

A seperate card reader has other conveniences too.

Pidder 14:12 20 Sep 03

DieSse, thanks, the manual does say one cannot write to the card, but I wondered if anyone had any better ideas. Just thought I might save the cost of a card reader.
Regards. P.

-pops- 14:54 20 Sep 03

I think a camera is best for taking pictures with, not as another drive in your computer.

Why do you need to write to the card other than what the camera writes to it?

Jack D 15:01 20 Sep 03

Because the card can be used as a cheaper alternative to so-called portable Pocket Drives.

-pops- 15:14 20 Sep 03

Sorry, I don't understand your reasoning on this. If you're using the card for storage of anything other than the pictures that the camera takes, you are reducing the capacity for the taking of more pictures.

With my camera, I get the pictures off the camera card on to my hard drive as soon as possible so that it can be used for more pictures.

-pops- 15:15 20 Sep 03

Am I having a senior moment?

Jack D 15:29 20 Sep 03

If it has to be explained, I'm wasting my time.

-pops- 15:45 20 Sep 03

Fine.

christmascracker 16:05 20 Sep 03

Thought that was what this forum was all about - explaining things!

Sheila

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…