Remote Procedure Call

Pangie 14:13 12 Aug 03

computer crushes and says Windows must restart because the Remote Procedure Call service terminated unexpectedly.what must i do, pliz help

Virtuosity 14:16 12 Aug 03
  Taff36 14:16 12 Aug 03

There is a virus attacking - Check the other threads - There are about 20 floating about. Suggest you mark this one as being resolved and join one of the others.

Oh Happy days eh!

toxin 14:24 12 Aug 03

Hi Pangie!

You're not alone in this! It's the W32 Blaster worm.

I contacted my local friendly computer shop this morn and they advised me that it would cost about £87 to clear it, as it's most difficult to remove!

Thought about it and decided to run Symantec security check, went to their website, and they have the tool to remove it; downloaded the tool and printed the instructions,

Followed these to the letter, and it works, my computer is now clear, and protected from the worm, after downloading the security patch from Microsoft.

Hope this helps, I'm a 76 yr old has been, and if I can do it I'm sure you can; the whole process only took a couple of hours including the Symantec check, and d'loading the files. Toxin.

-pops- 14:44 12 Aug 03

"my local friendly computer shop"

"£87"

Something wrong there. Either the price or your use of "local friendly". Sounds more like a rip off.

barrie_g 16:01 12 Aug 03

You can see why they are so friendly with those sort of prices. {¦-0

toxin 16:08 12 Aug 03

Hi Pops!

I guess I should have put friendly in quotes, or followed it with a number of???

I hate it when people are not open and honest, I know they are running a business, but for a price like that for a simple operation which doesn't even need the case to be opened, lowers ones confidence in them.

87 quid thats 2/3 of my pension!!

Keep up the good work, and the tips flying in, regards, Toxin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…